Remodeling a kitchen is a big project; it's both exciting and overwhelming. Whether you're looking to update the look of your kitchen or improve its functionality, the process of remodeling can be complex and time-consuming. Generally, you should at least consider all the following before taking the plunge (router joke, anyone?):
- Set a budget - no matter how you cut it, you'll need money for this
- Make a plan - what, exactly, will be part of the remodel? In what order will things be done?
- Obtain necessary permits - yeah, the legal stuff
- Hire Contractors - at least consider it, for parts of the project?
- Demolition and construction - the most fun of it all
- Appliances - keep 'em or replace 'em?
- Finishing touches - trim work, shelves, cabinet details
With proper planning and execution, this will be a rewarding experience that transforms the focal point of your home. There are lots of planning tools out there, which you might find useful to help you get ready to start with confidence and ultimately create a space that meets your needs and preferences.