drupal

Drupal8 FieldException: Attempt to create a field storage without a field name

After a drush upgrade from 8.4.2 to 8.4.4, my site went down with "The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later." error, and the error log is filling up with this message:

Uncaught PHP Exception Drupal\Core\Field\FieldException: "Attempt to create a field storage without a field name." at /var/www/mysite.com/htdocs/core/modules/field/src/Entity/FieldStorageConfig.php line 246

Drush couldn't clear caches (the above error popped up). I tried everything I could think of, including:

Properly configuring and using Drupal's views_data_export module

In a Drupal view, I have a button in place that allows the user to export the current view to an Excel (XLS) download (utilizing views_data_export module functionality). That download is expected to be around 3,500 rows, with 39 columns. I just noticed that trying to hit that button for the download results in (almost exactly 30 seconds later) an error I hadn't seen before: "Server Hangup".

Migrating from Drupal 5 to Drupal 7

This blog (the one where you're reading this text) was originally published with Drupal 5.  I've been exploring ways to upgrade all the way to Drupal 7, now that it's out and available, but had been struggling with an easy way to get my old 'blog' entries moved over... there wasn't a lot there (something like 66 entries), but some of them still get click-throughs once in a while, and I hate to just 'give up' on a challenge like that.

Tags